WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR TALENTED, ENTHUSIASTIC AND AMBITIOUS INDIVIDUALS TO JOIN OUR TEAM AT SMITH AND BROWN.
Why work with smith and brown?
Smith & Brown is the specialist joinery division of Sizebreed Group, providing us with an in-house capability to design, manufacture and install the highest quality joinery, cabinetry and one-off pieces of furniture to our customers. Based in North London, 25 minutes from the heart of London.
We have a friendly and creative showroom, design studio and manufacturing facilities. All of our designers, makers and installers are directly employed, and we place a huge emphasis on training our own people in-house. Apprenticeships and our graduate scheme are key components of that vision
So if you have excellent experience in the field and the drive to succeed, we’d love to hear from you!
NEW VACANCY: Experienced Workshop Manager required
Job Type: Full Time
Location: North London
Salary: Negotiable on experience
We are looking for an experienced workshop manager to join our passionate team in North London. This role will involves all aspects of running a high quality joinery shop producing bespoke cabinetry, joinery and loose furniture for some of the finest homes in the world. Experience in bespoke, high end residential work is a must.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualities:
- Previous experience as a Workshop Foreman/Supervisor or of managing a team
- Broad experience in high end furniture making techniques and processes.
- Bespoke joinery experience and knowledge of woodworking machinery
- Keen eye for detail – quality control is essential
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, working to tight deadlines and ensuring delivery dates are met
- Ability to multi-task, working on multiple jobs and prioritising
- Ability to communicate at all levels, approachable and flexible
- Good leadership skills and motivator of staff
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Responsible for the overall management and control of workshop and production activities, and managing all joinery shop production activities on a daily basis
- Working with estimators during tendering for projects on planning and scheduling.
- Quality control and management – ensuring manufactured items are produced within the specification and to an expected quality level including finishing works.
- Ensure works are completed within set timescales and delivery dates are met
- Organising deliveries, stock control, ordering materials, cost control, implementation of ‘good housekeeping’ and Health & Safety systems
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing is desirable.
For a confidential discussion, please email email@example.com.